Thursday, February 02, 2006

Let's begin


Why am I starting a new blog? There's already ten million blogs out there, with new ones every day. It seems everyone has a lot to say about something.

I'm not even sure I have a lot to say about anything, much less publish those thoughts out there for anyone to read.

But, I'm going to give it a try.

So, with that said. Here we go.

I just started graduate school, in pyschotherapy. It was a big decision, of course, and I'm already finding myself swept away by the world of psychology. Everything I see or do has links to my studies, and, I suppose, well they should. Human experience is a giant conglomeration of psychology.

I was driving around a few days ago, when I got a call. My nephew had just a car wreck, and was physically mostly okay, but majorly in shock. He was talking a hundred miles an hour, and I had to filter his words to find out that he had the accident, his car was totalled, he was not bleeding, and was sitting at a Starbucks calling around to find someone to either take him home or to the emergency room. Either, he wasn't sure. I volunteered.

So, I'm driving to the Starbucks across town, listening to my mp3 player and thinking about all this. And, I have a revelation. "Everyone is in the same boat." Or, maybe we're all on this ship together. Whatever. For a little while, until I arrive at coffeeville, I am able to see everyone - the kid on the street waiting for the bus, the harried mom pushing a stroller, the guy in the car next to me swerving to get in the "right" lane. We're all doing this thing called life, and we're doing it together, more or less. I felt compassion like I haven't felt it before, for everyone, without bounds.

Here's the song I was listening to:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home