Friday, April 07, 2006

Intelligent Dance Music


I don't know if Intelligent Dance Music is a moniker that makes any real sense, but it's a category that someone penned to describe bands like Sound Tribe Sector 9. This is not the kind of music I typically listen to, but a guy working with my wife handed her a CD and said "you just gotta hear these guys." They're currently living in Santa Cruz, CA, and have a considerable following from the jam-band aficionados of the world, a club I once considered myself a card-carrying member of. I have since turned in my membership to spend more time with music that has words as well as music (STS9 is all instrumental), but I definitely have a soft spot in my heart and head for music that directs the mental flow to very interesting places. Check 'em out and see what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home